Closing Date: 12 noon, Friday 4th January 2019
Work Place: Town Hall, Crowborough
Hours: Full time plus evening meetings
Rate of pay: SCP 52 – 60 (£48,138 – £59,901) per annum - dependent on experience and qualifications
Address: Town Hall The Broadway, Crowborough, TN6 1DA
Crowborough Town Council
SCP 52 – 60 (£48,138 – £59,901) per annum
dependent on experience and qualifications
Crowborough Town Council is a progressive, well managed Council in East Sussex representing a population over 22,000, with a budget of over £1.5 million. The Council is currently looking to recruit a Town Clerk.
The Town Clerk acts as the Council’s Proper Officer, it’s Qualified Person under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, Data Controller under the GDPR 2018 and Child Protection Officer. As such it is a crucial role within the Council ensuring all functions required by law, and statutory notifications are completed. The Town Clerk also has responsibility for project managing the fulfilment of all aspects of the Business Plan, and ensuring that all decisions made by the Council are implemented successfully and correctly.
· Prepare for and manage all administration required for Town Council meetings, including committee meetings and Annual Town Conference, ensuring Council members have the necessary information in order to make informed decisions when necessary.
· Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with the local community, businesses, District and County Councils and the Police force, to encourage local development and identify common aims and funding opportunities.
· Respond to enquiries received by the Council, ensuring the response is timely and in line with policy or specific instruction as appropriate.
· Supervise and support all direct line reports and team members, adhering to Council policy and good management practices at all times.
The successful candidate will ideally:
· Have substantial recent experience as a town clerk, or of a Local Authority, and will have knowledge of the relationships between Town Councils, local businesses, other relevant Councils and the Police;
· Demonstrate an excellent understanding of the role of the Town Council and have knowledge of the formal administration of a Council;
· Have a good understanding and experience of managing local authority finances;
· Be appropriately qualified, or committed to achieving the CiLCA qualification within one year of joining the Council;
· Have substantial experience of people management, including managing Fixed Term employees, contractors and shift workers;
· Demonstrate the ability to positively represent the Council at community and social events;
· Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
· Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build positive internal and external working relationships;
· Be flexible to attend evening meetings as necessary;
· Demonstrate the ability to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines;
· Have an excellent eye for detail; and
· Demonstrate personal organisation and time management skills including a sense of urgency.
For more information, or for an application pack, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com , an application pack can also be downloaded below.
Please send completed applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
A relocation package may be available should the successful candidate have to move to take up the role.
Closing date for applications is 12noon, Friday 4th January 2019.
1st interviews will take place on Wednesday 16th January 2019
2nd interviews will take place on Friday 25th January 2019
Candidates should ensure they are available to attend on these days should they be selected for interview at each stage.