COUNCILLORS (new & refresher): How to be an Effective Councillor
21 Jan 21 - 18:30 to 20:30
Presented by Anne Bott, DCEO SSALC
The training will be delivered by Trevor Leggo (CEO, SSALC) and Anne Bott (DCEO, SSALC) and will cover
• Introduction to local government
• What is a parish council?
• What can a parish council do?
• Good governance
• Who makes decisions and how are decisions made?
• How does a parish council make valid decisions?
• Internal rules: standing orders, financial regulations
• Code of conduct
• What makes “a good council”
• Working relationships
The cost per delegate for this event is £30 + VAT
Please book below
Additional details e.g. dietary requirements etc